Saturday, 18 August 2012

Thus Spoke Francis Begbie


I've say it before, and I'll say it again. Game can enhance, save lives, or at the very least, keep two lassies out of the local hospital. Last night, I was coming out of a pub, where, after a few jars, I had walked into nothing more than the catfight of the year. Two drunken lassies, barely dressed and barely legal, clawing each other’s eyes out. Now of course we had plenty a white knight trying to break the thing up, and all that, but good old jovial Begbie was on the scene. I walked up to them, slowly, confidently and said, with a shit eating grin: "Ladies, if you were ever thinking of getting it on in middle of the street, at least wait until I've got my camera phone out!" Laughter breaks out around me. The two girls, appeased by this, soon look up and that seeing red spell was at this point completely broken, proceed to pick up their handbags and walk away. I smile, get a pat on the back from a stranger, and continue on my way home, with a big smirk on my face.

Most people's lives are boring, mine included. Game is one of the many colours, to a black and white picture. Even a small bit of it, can enhance the lives of those around you in ways you can't possibly imagine. I'm still a game dilettante, and I hope to get better as time passes, but to anyone else just stumbling across this stuff, it's moments like these that not only give you confidence in women and game itself, but in other areas of your life as well. It really is yours for the taking.

2 comments:

  1. Nice - I'm gonna steal that line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! It would be great to use it in another context though, rather than watching two lassies kicking the living shite out of each other!

    ReplyDelete