Thursday, 29 November 2012

Morning Bell



"Once a week usually. I tend to take them to zoo, or to cinema. I go to Cineworld in Parnell Street, umm...most of the time. I go to the, um? Centra nearby and get some popcorn in there because the cinema stuff is very...very expensive yes. 

*takes a drink from his pint*

"They enjoy the movie. My daughter... Bianca is good girl. I love her. She, was, um funny, she, in movie room, ok, points to screen and say (holding up hands) "I don't lwike the scwary monstwer" and everyone in movie laugh. She looks like her mother."

...

"Hows she doing at home like?"

"Well, she not, umm so bad. Her marks in school, not so good, but she gets umm, on well with other boys and girls. It's my older son that is cold with me."

"In what way?"

"Well my wife, she tell him things. He's old enough to..umm understand. Nearly adult. He is fourteen."

*takes a drink from his pint*

"She tells him I chase other women. That I am loose. She tells him I am after others. She tell them I...umm, bad man."

"All the women that fucked us over, eh?Heh! Let me get my calender out! Tuesdays still free! Tuesday! TUESDAY"

"Hehe yes. Francis. Have you woman to ruin life on Friday?"

"Yeah, and she's even worse than that fucking Man City/Real Madrid referee."

"That wasn't even penalty! That was child, tapping other child on back"

"Fucking threw away my bleedin money with it toos "

"Haha."

"Arseways! The whole thing!"

"My son likes football. He was probably watching it."

*takes a big slug from his pint*

"In fact, I try and surprise him. I go to shop, and um, buy him these nice football boots. He is, umm, defender. I've seen him at games."

*takes a small mouthful of beer this time*

"So I get in car, ok, and put the boots in the back. I put my keys in ignition and drive to, umm, the house. I walk up with bag, and I ring the door."

"Yeah"

"I see someone moving through the glass and I make out my son. He comes to door and opens it. I say hi."

*takes a big slug from his pint*

"And..."

"Yeah?"

"He just stare at me. With these big, sad blue moon eyes. I don't know."

"You dont know?"

"He has gotten bigger. He is skinny, umm.. but big. I am not looking down on him by much anymore."

...

"I say to my boy then. I say, good, you are here. I want to talk to you. I know things have been tough between you and your mother recently. So I get you present. Football boots."

"What kind of boots were they?"

"The one's that Tevez wears. Tevez is my son's favorite player."

"Ah right"

"But then he look at me with these sad puppy dog eyes Francis."

"And then what?"

...

"Sorry, don't mean to be de nosy cunt like."

...

...

"He close door on my face."

*takes a slug from pint"

"I work in catering. I tell everyone your age, all students like you. Don't marry. Don't have them. Bad. My kids? They hate me now. Yet they miss me."

...

"That does not mean I regret having kids. They are my life. And I hate children. Fat smelly things."

...

" I regret, (takes a drink from pint) not taking life by balls you know. And here I am, shit man. She got new boyfriend."

"Cut the kids in half right?"

"Yes."

...

"So I stand there. Like fool. Holding boots limp in hand. I can't even lock, sorry knock again. It is...umm too much. I hear umm...cartoons coming from tv. My daughter. Then I go back to car and fall asleep. She is just like other kids. Few kids I know growing up at home have divorced parents. They happy...now. Now, the norm."

...

"I fucked up Francis."

...

"Mate, don't be so hard on yourself. No one knew this was going to happen."

"Thing is. I sort of did. Even when I go out with her for first time. Something off about her. Can't put finger on it."

"But I remember how we went kayaking together."

...

"That was fun."

...

"She was beautiful."
...

...

...

"So, umm, I go to store tomorrow actually. I plan to buy karate gear."

"Whys that?"

"There are many fights ahead Francis. Now moreso than ever, you can't rely on people to help you. I need defence. I get fucked over by state."

...

"I cannot trust them anymore."

...

"I also want my son and daughter to admire me. To say, here is John and he is my father. Which I don't think they do."

...

"Then I plan to climb mountain, umm later on. Brandon in Kerry. Big mountain. Biggest in Ireland."

...

...

"The view will be beautiful and I will take it all in. Then, I will be me again."

...

...

"Wish you way more luck mate."

...

"Thank you."

...

"One more for the road so?"

...

...

...

"Ah go on sure."

No comments:

Post a Comment